Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oh Hey, It's that Missionary Again...

 
Ia Orana!
 
Ok I have been here for almost 4 weeks at the MTC and I have realized some things. It takes EXACTLY 3.5 weeks to use up a bar of soap. It takes 28 seconds to memorize the Moses 1:39 scripture en francaise. It takes me 4 minutes to actually get out of bed in the morning (we set the alarm 10 minutes before, so we're still righteous). It takes 5 days of 30 minute sessions to read all 225 pages of the Preach My Gospel manual. And lastly, I can speak French now for 9 hours with only speaking one English word in that whole time.
I really really hope everything goes well with the outside world! I hear you have cars and listen to music (what?) and the DearElder.com website makes mail day fabulous! (my email again: courtney.carter@myldsmail.net). I just took a 2 hour nap and it is one of the best things I have done with my life up until this point.
 
So this is our last week of French, next Monday we start Tahitian (prayers welcome). I have definitely felt like I have been able to handle the workload because of (constant) prayer. I never imagined that I could learn so much in so little time (16-hour days, time is relative here). But even though the MTC is demanding, it has high pay-offs. For the record, I snuck in some Tahitian practice and I can say a grand total of 8 words in Tahitian. :) That's right, I'm basically on the track to success. I think about all of you (family, friends, stalkers of my blog) often and I hope that you are all enjoying what you're doing with your life. I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and I'm preparing to serve the people who need to hear this message of Jesus Christ's restored gospel. I'm preparing to change people's lives and I'm very aware of that fact. It is the biggest thing I have done in my life so far, and I'm loving the challenge!  Recent challenge for myself: bearing my testimony in French in my French ward with a bunch of French-speaking missionaries, so cool. Did I mention that I have a hymn book that has French and Tahitian? Best $4 I've ever spent (thank you missionary discount in the bookstore). Just a shout-out, I still like food so if anyone wants to send some then I will remember your name for the remainder of my life.
 
The ticker thing in the top right corner of my screen is red (3.5 minutes left) so I just want to let everyone know that I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and He cares very much about everything that we do.
 
You are all wonderful, keep doing wonderful things (writing missionaries counts) and enjoy what you're doing RIGHT NOW in your life.
 
So much love,
Soeur Courtney Carter