Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Possibly the last blog before Courtney comes home..

Family and Friends (you fall into at least one of these categories),
 
Ia Orana.
 
Tahiti is a paradise, but not in the sense that I originally thought. It has become holy ground for where I have had my weaknesses brought out under microscopic attention, where I have maximized all of my strengths, and where I have learned without a doubt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church directed by Jesus Christ through the medium of revelation of a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
 
I'm still in Taravao and loving the challenges of this sector with Soeur Kavera and Soeur Wahl. We have a Fireside/Talent Show planned for this Saturday and we have about 30 people who are going to present a talent or perform something. So pumped!
 
Last night we had a Stake Fireside and I was the Missionary Choir director and it was like 100 degrees in that room. President Tupai, President Bize, Soeur Bize, and many recent converts spoke and it was such a solid program. I said the closing prayer in Tahitian, not to be praised, but to show my love for the Tahitian people. There is such an outpouring of love when people speak in Tahitian.
 
I bossed the Packing of the Suitcases last week, gave away a bunch of stuff that I can live without, I have space left over to bring back more Tahitian stuff. I bought a Marquesian weapon-ish thing for Dad so we'll see how that goes over with the TSA people at the airport...
 
"My areas of interest are: travel and walking." How cute is Wilfried? I want to go on drifting hikes with someone when I get home. http://www.mormon.org/wilfried
 
I love his accent, perspective, and clothing choice. He reminds me a lot of my Daddy. Ladies and gents, Mike Turvey. http://www.mormon.org/miket
 
Her style and mannerisms remind me of Mom. Being a Mom is so important, it affects so much of everything. http://www.mormon.org/jane
 
No photos because I've gained 30 pounds this past week. :) Just kidding. (Or am I?) I've been appreciating the heck out of all the raw fish and fruit we have over here in the islands. So yummy. Can I bring back papaya seeds and plant trees in everyone's yard?
 
I love my family. I won't ever get tired of saying it. Maybe they're tired of it, but I'm not.
 
SO MUCH LOVE, Soeur Courtney Carter