Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ferry ride from Moorea and other news

Ia Orana, eaha te parau api? (Hey, what's the news?)

Update: Sr P and I were given a secteur with a name I still have a hard time saying (I just point to Sr P when I need it to be said), Tuauru. We're also getting a car so we'll still travel in the other sectors but one will rest and work there with the fabulous Sr Utatao from Australia. (Her accent is killer.)

Other stuff: I will be living in a house with 2 of my "daughters" (sisters I trained) Sr T and Sr S. We're pretty excited. :) 

I spent an eternity playing catch-up reading emails, so I'll let the photos doing the talking. 

1. A spider in the Moorea house sink. Remained calm but I can't say the same for the other Sisters. 



2. You know, just a pet goat.
 
 
 
3. Worked with these two lovelys, Sr M and Sr M, in the sector of Vaiatu, so many powerful and unexpected spiritual experiences.
 
 
 
4. A real Tahitian cockroach, about the size of a thumb and about an inch in height. My worst fear in Tahiti because... they fly. There is a story and a video for when I discovered this tidbit of information.


5. A photo of the 4 of us together, self-timer. The shortie on the end is my travelling comp, Sr P. :)
 
 
6. Tahitian sunset from the ferry boat, coming back from Moorea. 
 
 
 
7. A rainstorm off in the distance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8. The Perfect Sr. A's birthday moment.
 
 
 
President Sinjoux's mission finishes at the same time as my current companion's- the 29th of June. President Bise, the new mission president, comes the 26thish. 
 
 
9. A Dr. Seuss-inspired flower.
 
 
 
 
10. Road view of a police car (Gendarmes) in Moorea. The policeman are usually French and all of the Tahitian police officers typically work in France.
 
 
 
 
11. Go-kart car for all of you adventure-lovers out there.
 

 
Re-reading the Ensign of the General Conference talks, been marking the phrases that ring true for me. I am constantly impressed and amazed with how the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are so spot-on with their observations and their recommendations. The secret? They ask Heavenly Father, God, and He tells them what they need to say. 
 
 
In the past week I got to serve in my old sectors of Papara and Mahaiatea. WOW cool experience. I taught a family home evening to a family that I taught before and 2 more members of their family have been baptized and the family will be sealed in the Papeete temple this August. It was so fun to see the surprise on their faces when I walked in with the Sisters, such a big hug. :)

I love you all so much. Pray like you have never prayed before. "I pray because the need flows out of me all the time." C.S. Lewis
Soeur Courtney Carter
 
 
 

That's all for this week, we're doing transfers so we must away! I love my family more than ever. 
So much love for all of love and support,
Soeur Carter