Wednesday, April 16, 2014

No Prison in Papeari

Hello you beautiful souls,

So I am just overwhelmed this week with how much love a missionary gets. So much. Giving the world a hug in my mind right now. Trying my darnedest to reply to your lovely letters as fast as a Tahitian keyboard can type. 

1. I just find this sign funny. It's a sign saying "No Prison in Papeari" and the first time I saw it I thought it was stating the obvious, or a sign of Papeari pride, but now I realize it's a protest sign to not build a prison there. #signstories
 

 
 
2. Beautiful view from the front porch of the Taravao house! Technically that papaya tree is in the neighbor's yard but if that fruit falls on our side of the fence, finders keepers.
 
 
 
3. I find dogs wherever I go. This is Richard, our unofficial guard dog who has a severe limp and is deaf.
 
 
I made a serious faux-pas and forgot to gush in my last email about GENERAL CONFERENCE. Was it not incredible? I received so many answers and "mmhmm" moments. Someone even coincidentally gave me a tiny Twizzler candy thing which pretty much brought the experience full-circle for me. I seriously will never stop being impressed with the perfection that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (Te Ekalesia a Iesu Mesia i te Feia Mo'a i te Mau Mahana Hopea Nei) I guess that's what the complete truth looks like: perfection. Pray to find out more. 

I'm staying in Taravao this week because Soeur L and Soeur Colombel finished their missions suddenly this past week. When we lost our companions, we clung together. It's been fun driving around the base of Tahiti, so much green. 16 weeks left of my mission, feeling strong in every aspect of my life. There is nothing like being involved with the most important work in this existence: salvation. I will never stop being grateful for this calling as a missionary. 

4. The adorable Soeur Wahl, I'm a little obsessed with her glasses at this point in my life.
 
 
 
5. This morning during House Cleaning (Menage) the Sisters built a snowman out of the ice chunks in our freezer! The only time we will ever see a snowman in Tahiti.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6. The computer screen today when I started up the church computer, it's a miracle it's still functioning enough to use the internet. Appreciating every second of computer life I'm being given.
 
 
That's all, folks! My life is full and yours can be also. Enjoy this slice of life: http://www.mormon.org/vanessa
Eat carrots, they're good for your vision. 
XOXO, Soeur Carter