Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bonjour!
Short and sweet today!

We had Zone Conference yesterday on our P-day so we're getting a little email in really fast. 
The birthday celebrations were  mixed in with normal life for several days after my birthday, which was fun, thanks for all of the fun notes/cards/emails!!! I dont feel no different but it was a fun little time marker.

We had another Sortie du Temple where we took a bunch of people to Papeete temple and we had a program with all levels of membership! We had a mini bus and lots of sandwiches so I guess you could say it was a pretty big deal. The leaders of our ward (paroisse) were so great with preparing and helping us organize everything!

Person highlight: Papy Pupure
One of the most adorable Papys here, ad that is saying something. I really wish I had a picture to show you all. He has been baptized in other religions, but got baptized in our church last so I guess we won. :)  He has a best friend who has a baptism date fixed so he came to our lesson and had a ghetto hat that looked cool. He speaks Tahitian and sometimes when we dont catch all of it, he repeats it emphatically and we alll laugh about it together. Whenever he laughs, we laugh too. Every once in a while he salutes me and I click my heels together and salute him back and he always gets a kick out of him. Soeur Taylor and I love to tell Papy Pupure stories to the other Sister Missionaries when we get back to The House. 

Accomplishments: (so you all know Im getting stuff done other than making old Tahitian Papys laugh)
1. Drove in the city of Papeete! (which is crazy, you would have to visit there to appreciate how big of an accomplishment this is)
2. Finished the Book of Mormon in French and am now on Section 25 of the Doctrine et Alliances!
3. Finished the Gospels in the New Testament! (Matt, Marc, Luc, Jean)
4. Wrote my family letters. :) (sending soon!!)
5. Drank coconut water from a coconut.

Love!! Soeur Carter
1. Bday celebrations at The House.
2. Hillarious daughter of our DMP who always wants our name tags. (future missionary for sure)